I wish I'd started this blog earlier. For years I've been playing with audio, images and videos and have generally just had them scattered all over the place and would inevitably lose master copies (and sometimes whole copies) in various formats/hard drive failures. I now see that this is a nice place to collect links to all my creative works, not so much for other people but so I can find them! Fortunately I found a treasure trove of lost songs and photos (under my other pseudonym 'Hector Osbert') on an old hard drive belonging to my mother. I will collect and post older stuff here and intertwine them with newer thought ejaculations.
I'd like to start with this one, it's actually not that old but I never really got to show it to many people. During the last Eid El-Fitr (feast celebrating the end of Ramadan), the SCAF jumped at the opportunity to dish out some juicy propaganda with the general message of 'The army are the people - fuck with us and you're only fucking yourselves'. One of these videos can be seen here:
I laughed so hard at this that I'm pretty sure I was only seconds away from exploding a blood vessel in my brain. What cracked me up the most is just how plain awfully it was executed. The soldier looks on edge and plays with his gun like he might need to whip it out at any second and mow down some unarmed civilians and the definitely not cute little girl (granddaughter of a general perhaps?) looks terrified. This inspired a quick re-edit:
My only regret is that I didn't have the ability to cross out the 'هو' and replace it with 'قتل' in the end credit. That would have made it read, 'The army killed the people' (which they unfortunately did very shortly afterwards on the 9th of October). Still, I'm happy with the result of an hour's play on Windows Movie Maker.
I'd like to start with this one, it's actually not that old but I never really got to show it to many people. During the last Eid El-Fitr (feast celebrating the end of Ramadan), the SCAF jumped at the opportunity to dish out some juicy propaganda with the general message of 'The army are the people - fuck with us and you're only fucking yourselves'. One of these videos can be seen here:
I laughed so hard at this that I'm pretty sure I was only seconds away from exploding a blood vessel in my brain. What cracked me up the most is just how plain awfully it was executed. The soldier looks on edge and plays with his gun like he might need to whip it out at any second and mow down some unarmed civilians and the definitely not cute little girl (granddaughter of a general perhaps?) looks terrified. This inspired a quick re-edit:
My only regret is that I didn't have the ability to cross out the 'هو' and replace it with 'قتل' in the end credit. That would have made it read, 'The army killed the people' (which they unfortunately did very shortly afterwards on the 9th of October). Still, I'm happy with the result of an hour's play on Windows Movie Maker.
No comments:
Post a Comment